NYP-Nutrition-NYPBeHealthy Recipes-Harvest Chicken Salad with Apples and Raisins
Harvest Chicken Salad with Apples and Raisins
Brought to you by Leah Sarris, Executive Director and Chef, The Goldring Center for Culinary Medicine, Tulane University and the NYP Food and Nutrition Department..
Recipe Yield: 8 half cup servings
- 1 lb Chicken Breast, boneless, skinless
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp Salt-free Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Mayonnaise, light
- 1/2 cup Yogurt, non-fat, plain
- 2 tsp Mustard, dijon
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 each Celery Stalks, dice
- 1/4 cup Pecans, chopped
- 1 Apple, diced small
- 2 tbsp Raisins
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper, ground
- 8 ea Wasa Cracker
- Lettuce and Cucumber slices for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Gather all the ingredients and equipment.
- Trim chicken breast and season.
- In a medium sauté pan, spray pan with nonstick cooking spray and add chicken breast. Brown on both sides and then place on a half sheet pan and place in oven. Cook until internal temperature reads 165 degrees F, about 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- While the chicken is cooling, mix all other ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Dice or shred the cooled chicken breast and add it to the sauce mixture.
- Allow to set for 5 minutes (or you can leave overnight) in the refrigerator
- Serve 1/2 cup of chicken salad with sliced cucumber and lettuce on top of a Wasa cracker. Enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat 4.5g (23% of calories from fat)|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g (3% of calories from saturated fat)|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
Health Benefits: Mint contains antioxidants and is thought to have a soothing effect.