Gazpacho is a cold, refreshing soup that can include a wide variety of healthy ingredients. You can spice up your recipe by substituting different vegetables, herbs and spices for a new experience each time!
Recipe prepared by Chef Bill Doyle
Nutrient analysis by Georgia Giannopoulos, RD, CDN, CNSC
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
- li> 1¼ cup canned, crushed tomatoes
- 1¼ cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1½ teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons picante salsa
- 1/4 cup bulgur wheat, raw
- 1 tablespoon shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1½ tablespoon fresh basil, washed, chopped finely
- Add bulgur wheat to boiling water and cook 5-10 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain bulgur wheat and set aside to cool.
- Once bulgur wheat has cooled, combine all ingredients and serve chilled.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat 4g (32% of calories from fat)|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g (2% of calories from saturated fat)|
|Total Carbs 16g|
|Dietary Fiber 4g|