Cranberry Almond Biscotti with Dark Chocolate Drizzle
Recipe and Nutrition Facts by Gena Seraita RD, CDN
Recipe Yield: About 20 biscotti batons
Serving size: 1 biscotti baton
Preparation Time: 25 min
First Bake Time: 15-18 min
Second Bake Time: 30-35 min
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 ounce dark chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine whole wheat pastry flour, all purpose flour, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together olive oil, sugar, and vanilla. Add eggs in one at a time, stirring to completely combine.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Once thoroughly combined, gently fold in cranberries and almonds to evenly distribute.
- On a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, shape batter into a thin log about 12 inches in length and 3 inches wide (it will spread during the baking process). Place in the oven and allow to bake until firm and light brown in color, about 15-18 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes until cool enough to handle. Reduce temperature of oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When cool, slice biscotti into 1 inch wide batons. Lay batons flat on the same sheet pan lined with parchment paper. (NOTE: if they are touching slightly it is not an issue because spreading will not occur during this phase of baking). Place biscotti back in the oven and allow to bake until golden brown, about 30-35 minutes.
- When ready, remove biscotti from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a double boiler, gently melt chocolate until liquid. Using a spoon, drizzle chocolate over cooled biscotti. Allow chocolate to harden for 30 minutes before serving
Serving Size = 1 cup
|Amount Per Serving|
|Fat 5g (33% calories from fat)|
|Saturated Fat 1g (7% calories from saturated fat)|
|Dietary Fiber 5g|