Cilantro Chicken Tikka
Chicken breast meat is rubbed with an intoxicating paste made with cilantro, mint, and other distinctive flavors. This recipe is cooked in the oven, but will work well on the grill.
Recipe prepared by Chef Madhu Sharma
Nutrition Facts by Georgia Giannopoulos, RD, CDN, CNSC
Recipe Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 green chili (remove crown and seeds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 1" cubes
- Chat Masala (optional)
- In a blender, add cilantro, mint leaves, ginger, garlic, lemon juice, green chili, and salt and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the Greek yogurt and oil to a smooth paste. Stir in blended ingredients to mixture.
- Place the chicken in the bowl, and rub with the mixture until thoroughly coated. Cover bowl, and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- After chicken has been refrigerated, preheat the oven broiler to 350°F. Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Place the chicken in the baking dish, and broil 20 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
- Sprinkle Chat Masala and serve hot.
Serving Size = 1 cup
|Amount Per Serving|
|Fat 6.5g (29% calories from fat)|
|Saturated Fat 1g (4% calories from saturated fat)|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g|