Creamy Chocolate Avocado Mousse
From the Registered Dietitians and Chefs of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Recipe Yields: 4 Servings
- 8-10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Chop the dates into small pieces.
- Add chopped dates and almond milk into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the avocado, cocoa powder, and melted chocolate chips. Blend again until creamy.
- Pour into four small ramekins or bowls.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1-3 hours (or even overnight).
|Amount Per Serving|
|Fat 10g (36% of calories from fat)|
|Saturated Fat 2g (7% of calories from saturated fat)|
|Dietary Fiber 9g|
Note: Majority of the fat in this recipe comes from heart healthy polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats