Fall Match: Application Policies and Procedures
Online Dietetic Internship Program Application
- The NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program is using the online centralized internship application, DICAS, which may be accessed here; email: [email protected].
- DICAS will be available to applicants for the Fall 2023 Match Process on July 24, 2023.
- The online DICAS application for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program must be completed by 11:59 pm Central Time on September 25, 2023.
- The fee to use DICAS is $50.00 for the first application submitted and $25.00 for each additional application.
- Three references are required. When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an email address) for each reference. This will trigger an email message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed online.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to:
DICAS Transcript Processing Center
PO Box 9118
Watertown, MA 02471
To successfully complete the Dietetic Internship Program and receive a DI verification statement, the dietetic intern must submit an official transcript conferring a graduate degree to the Program prior to completing the supervised practice.
- Declaration of Intent to complete Degree and ACEND-Approved Minimum Academic Requirements form (required for the applicant who has not yet completed academic requirements) or Verification Statement of Completion of Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) (required for the applicant who has already completed academic requirements and has received at minimum a bachelor’s degree). The appropriate form is completed online by the College Didactic Program Director at the request of the student.
- Personal Statement – Questions to be addressed are:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- Discuss experiences that have helped you to prepare for your career.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals? How do you feel the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship will help you reach these goals?
- What are your personal and professional strengths? How do you feel these will contribute to your success as a dietetic intern?
**The personal statement is to be limited to 1000 words.
- Degree Equivalency Statement from one of the approved agencies listed on the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website confirming that the degree is equivalent to at least a baccalaureate degree from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university. This is required for those students completing their education outside of the United States.
Online Payment of the Dietetic Internship Program Application Fee
The $125.00 application fee for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program must be paid by 11:59 pm Central Time on September 25, 2023. Only web-based credit card payments will be accepted. To make a payment click on “Pay Application Fee.”
Applicants must register for the online computer matching on the D&D Digital website at www.dnddigital.com, pay the computer match fee ($55.00) by credit card, and enter their contact information and dietetic internship preferences by 11:59 pm Central Time on September 25, 2023.
D&D Digital Contact Information:
D&D Digital Systems
3805 Mathews Road
Ames, IA 50014
Telephone: (515) 292-0490
E-mail: [email protected]
Refer to ACEND’s Computer Matching Applicant Responsibilities for additional information.
Handling of Incomplete Applications
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the Dietetic Internship Application Evaluation Committee; therefore, all material required to complete the online application must be posted by the September 25, 2023 deadline.
Virtual Open Houses
Virtual Open Houses of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program are available.
June 27, 2023 – 11am-1pm
June 27, 2023 – 2pm-4pm
July 25, 2023 – 11am-1pm
July 25, 2024 – 2pm-4pm
Register at this link.
Policy Regarding Interviews
Students with the highest-ranking online applications will be asked to interview. Interviews will be conducted via video conference by representative members of the Dietetic Internship Program Application Evaluation Committee. Applicant interviews will be evaluated based on: Communication, Teamwork/Collaboration, Accountability, Flexibility, Judgment/Decision Making Skills, and Customer Service Skills.
Students selected to be interviewed will be contacted via the primary email address noted on their DICAS application no later than Wednesday, October 11, 2023.
Notification and Appointment Dates
Applicant matching results will be posted on www.dnddigital.com from 6:00pm Central Time on Sunday, November 5, 2023 through Monday, November 6, 2023. This is the ONLY source of notification for applicants.
Applicants who receive a match with the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program must contact Catherine Zymaris, MS, RD, CDN, CNSC, Dietetic Internship Program Administrator, to confirm their acceptance of the match before 6:00pm (Eastern Time Zone) on Appointment Day. After this time, the Dietetic Internship Program is under no obligation to hold the opening for the matched applicant.
The Appointment Day for 2023 is Monday, November 6, 2023.
email: [email protected]
Second Round Match Procedures
If the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program has open positions after the first-round matching process, the following procedures will be followed to fill open positions.
Tuesday, November 7, 2023 – Those applicants who were on the D&D prioritized list for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program but did not receive a match may be contacted about the open position(s). Appointments must be confirmed Tuesday, November 7, 2023 by 8:00 pm Central Time.
Wednesday, November 8, 2023 – If there are open positions, “non-matched” applicants who are interested in participating in the second-round selection can update and submit their application to the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program on DICAS. Applications must be submitted by November 17, 2023 by 11:59pm Eastern Time.
Wednesday, November 22, 2023 – Students selected for an interview will be contacted.
Policy Regarding Equal Opportunity
It is the policy of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital to provide equal opportunity to all dietetic interns and all applicants for the Dietetic Internship without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), national origin, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, employment status, military status, age, disability (including pregnancy), predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, victims of domestic violence status, and any other protected characteristics, within the meaning and subject to the conditions of applicable federal, state, and city laws.
The Hospital will recruit, accept, and train all dietetic interns and administer all other Program policies in accordance with the above-stated equal opportunity principles.