Application Policies and Procedures
To avoid delay or problems in the processing of your application:
- Read all material carefully before completing your application.
- Follow indicated instructions carefully.
- Be accurate and thorough when submitting all requested information or material as application procedures are strictly adhered to.
On-Line Dietetic Internship Program Application
- The NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program is using the online centralized internship application, DICAS, which may be accessed at https://portal.dicas.org; email: DICAS [email protected].
- DICAS will be available to applicants for the Spring 2022 Computer Match Process on November 29, 2021.
- The online DICAS application for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program must be completed by 11:59 pm Central Time on February 15, 2022.
- The fee to use DICAS is $50.00 for the first application submitted and $25.00 for each additional application.
- Three references are required. When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an email address) for each reference. This will trigger an email message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed online.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to:
DICAS Transcript Processing Center
PO Box 9118
Watertown, MA 02471
- Declaration of Intent to complete Degree and ACEND-Approved Minimum Academic Requirements form (required for the applicant who has not yet completed academic requirements) or Verification Statement of Completion of Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) (required for the applicant who has already completed academic requirements and has received a college degree). The appropriate form is completed online by the College Didactic Program Director at the request of the student.
- Applicants who apply to internships using DICAS will be asked to complete and upload a personal statement. Questions to be addressed in the personal statement for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program are:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- Discuss experiences that have helped you to prepare for your career.
- What are your short-term and long-term goals? How do you feel the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship will help you reach these goals?
- What are your personal and professional strengths? How do you feel these will contribute to your success as a dietetic intern?
**The personal statement is to be limited to 1000 words.
- Completed Preference of Internship Entrance Dates Form - upload in the supplemental section of the online application for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program.
- Degree Equivalency Statement from one of the approved agencies listed on the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Web site (https://www.eatrightpro.org/acend/students-and-advancing-education/international-students/foreign-degree-evaluation-agencies) confirming that the degree is equivalent to at least a baccalaureate degree from a U.S. regionally accredited college or university. (Required for those students completing their education outside of the United States) - upload in the supplemental section of the on-line application for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program.
**Please note that effective January 1, 2024, the eligibility requirement to sit for the credentialing examination for Registered Dietitians will be a graduate degree. Please visit the Commission on Dietetic Registration site for more details: https://www.cdrnet.org/graduatedegree. As such, all dietetic interns (including scholarship recipients) who are beginning the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program on or after January 1, 2023 must have a graduate degree; submission of an official transcript conferring a graduate-level degree from a U.S.-accredited college or university will be required prior to beginning the internship program.
On-Line Payment of the Dietetic Internship Program Application Fee
The $125.00 application fee for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program must be paid by 11:59 pm Central Time on February 15, 2022. Only web-based credit card payments will be accepted. To make a payment click on “Pay Application Fee.”
Applicants must register for the on-line computer matching on the D & D Digital Web site at www.dnddigital.com, pay the computer match fee ($55.00) by credit card and enter their contact information and dietetic internship preferences by 11:59 pm Central Time on February 15, 2022.
D&D Digital Contact Information:
D&D Digital Systems
3805 Mathews Road
Ames, IA 50014
Telephone: (515) 292-0490
E-mail: [email protected]
Schedule of Application Dates
- DICAS will be available on November 29, 2021
- Online application for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program must be completed by 11:59 pm Central Time on February 15, 2022.
- The $125.00 application fee must be paid by 11:59 pm Central Time on February 15, 2022.
- D&D Digital Systems computer match fee must be paid and dietetic internship preferences must be entered by 11:59 pm Central Time on February 15, 2022.
Handling of Incomplete Applications
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the Dietetic Internship Application Evaluation Committee; therefore, all material required to complete the online application must be posted by the February 15, 2022 deadline.
Open Houses (Virtual)
Virtual Open Houses of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Cornell Medical Center, and Columbia University Irving Medical Center facilities are available. Go to the Open House section of the Program site for the specific dates and reservation instructions.
Policy Regarding Interviews
Students with the highest ranking online applications will be asked to interview; see Facts About the Dietetic Internship Program – Selection Criteria. Interviews will be conducted via video conference by representative members of the Dietetic Internship Program Application Evaluation Committee. Students selected to be interviewed will be contacted via the primary email address noted on their DICAS application no later than March 4, 2022.
Second Round Match Procedures
In the event that the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program has open positions after the first round matching process, the following procedures will be followed to fill open positions.
Tuesday, April 5, 2022 – Those applicants who were on the D&D prioritized list for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program but did not receive a match may be contacted about the open position(s). Appointments must be confirmed Tuesday, April 5, 2022 by 8:00 pm Central Time.
Wednesday, April 6, 2022 – If there are open positions, “non-matched” applicants who are interested in participating in the second round selection can update and submit their application to the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program on DICAS. Applications must be submitted by April 6, 2022 by 6:00 pm Central Time.
Monday, April 11, 2022 – Students selected for an interview will be contacted beginning 4:00 pm Central Time.
Thursday, April 14, 2022 – Second Round appointments will be offered beginning at 11:00 am Central Time.
Policy Regarding Equal Opportunity
To facilitate program administration, eligibility is limited to American citizens, U.S. permanent residents, U.S. temporary residents under 8 USC 1160 or 1255a(a)(1), Asylees under 8 USC 1157 or Refugees under 8 USC 1158. Within this group of eligible applicants, it is the policy of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital to provide equal opportunity to all dietetic interns and applicants for the Dietetic Internship Program without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), national origin, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, and any other protected characteristics, within the meaning and subject to the conditions of applicable federal, state, and city laws.
The Hospital will recruit, accept, and train dietetic interns and administer all other Program policies in accordance with the above-stated equal opportunity principles.