Scholarship Application Criteria and Instructions 2023-2024
The NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Scholarship Program enables qualified students to attend our dietetic internship, and allow their professional achievements contribute to our internship program. We acknowledge that the escalating cost of a dietetic internship program can be prohibitive to many students.
Scholarship Award: $6,000.00
- Meet the criteria for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program – due to the competitive nature of the application selection process, prospective applicants with a GPA in Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) courses of less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale are not encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrate or show promise of being a valuable contributing member of the profession through documentation of related work/voluntary experience, professional contributions and honors, and academic and/or work recommendations.
- Demonstrate need for financial assistance by verifying receipt of need-based financial aid (i.e.: Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Federal Work-Study).
- Provide a scholarship statement highlighting your career objectives and how your diverse background can enhance the Nutrition and Dietetics community.
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Provide a complete and professionally presented application packet.
The scholarship application with all required information will be submitted under the supplemental section as part of the complete DICAS application process. The scholarship application will only be accepted via the DICAS application.
Completed scholarship applications and DICAS applications are due by August 1, 2023, 11:59pm (EST).
Scholarship Application Review and Awards Process
Scholarship Committee members review all applications and select recipients who best qualify for the scholarship based upon objective criteria as noted on the application form.
Applicants are notified of the outcome of scholarship selection by August 31, 2023.
Notification of status will be sent to all applicants by email to the email address designated by the applicant.
Those to be awarded the scholarship will be preselected* to the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program and will receive the scholarship upon matriculation into the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program.
If the student is NOT awarded the scholarship, the student will remain an eligible candidate for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program through the computer matching process.
- The NYPH Dietetic Internship Scholarship application form changes annually; applicants must use the 2023-2024 application form.
- Do not submit additional materials beyond what is required on the application.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.