The NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program is committed to providing an exemplary supervised practice experience to students from diverse backgrounds representing many different demographics including race, gender, age, religion, nationality, disability and more. We realize that the escalating cost of a dietetic internship program can be prohibitive to many exceptional students. Our scholarship program enables qualified students from diverse backgrounds to attend our dietetic internship, and their professional achievements and diversity help to build and strengthen our internship program and profession.
Scholarship Award: $6,000.00
- Meet the criteria for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program – due to the competitive nature of the application selection process, prospective applicants with a GPA in Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) courses of 3.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale) are encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrate or show promise of being a valuable contributing member of the profession through documentation of related work/voluntary experience, professional contribution and honors, academic or work recommendations.
- Demonstrate need for financial assistance by verifying receipt of need-based financial aid (ie: Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Federal Work-Study).
- Provide a scholarship statement highlighting your career objectives and how your diverse background can enhance the Nutrition and Dietetic community.
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Provide a complete and professionally presented application packet.
Eligibility information and the application form are available on the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship website at www.nyp.org/nutrition/dieteticinternship.
The scholarship application with all required information will be submitted under the supplemental section as part of the complete DICAS application process. The scholarship application will only be accepted via the DICAS application.
Completed scholarship applications and DICAS applications are due by January 1, 2021, 11:59pm (EST).
Scholarship Application Review and Awards Process
Scholarship Committee members review all applications and select recipients who best qualify for the scholarship based upon objective criteria as noted on the application form.
Applicants are notified of the outcome of scholarship selection by January 30, 2021.
Notification of status will be sent to all applicants by email to the email address designated by the applicant.
Those to be awarded the scholarship will be preselected* to the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program and will receive the scholarship upon matriculation into the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program.
The NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program participates in the ACEND approved preselect option for dietetic interns. The recipient of the NYP Dietetic Internship Scholarship, is also preselected to be a Dietetic Intern with the NYP Dietetic Internship Program. The scholarship recipient will not need to participate in the computer match process. Students will be notified of the scholarship / preselect decision by January 30, 2021. The NYP Dietetic Internship Program will communicate with D&D Digital the names of those students preselected for the 2021-2022 Internship year.
If the student is NOT awarded the scholarship and appointed a preselect Dietetic Intern position, the student will remain an eligible candidate for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program through the computer matching process; there is no need to reapply.
- The NYP Dietetic Internship Scholarship application form changes annually; applicants must use the 2021-2022 application form.
- Do not submit additional materials beyond what is required on the application.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.