Scholarship Application Criteria and Instructions 2022-2023 Academic Year
The NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program is committed to the recognition of dietetic students who have excelled in the areas of academics, community service, and extra-curricular activities. We realize that the escalating cost of a dietetic internship program can be prohibitive to many students. Our scholarship program enables worthy students to attend our dietetic internship, and their professional achievements build and strengthen our internship program.
Scholarship Award: $6,000.00
- Meet the criteria for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program – due to the competitive nature of the application selection process, prospective applicants with a GPA in Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) courses of less than 3.0 on a 4.0 scale are not encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrate or show promise of being a valuable contributing member of the profession through documentation of related work/voluntary experience, professional contribution and honors, academic or work recommendations.
- Demonstrate need for financial assistance by verifying receipt of need-based financial aid (i.e.: Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Federal Work-Study).
- Provide a scholarship statement highlighting your career objectives and how your diverse background can enhance the Nutrition and Dietetics community.
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Provide a complete and professionally presented application packet.
Eligibility information and the application form are available on the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship website at www.nyp.org/nutrition/dieteticinternship.
**Please note that effective January 1, 2024, the eligibility requirement to sit for the credentialing examination for Registered Dietitians will be a graduate degree. Please visit the Commission on Dietetic Registration site for more details: https://www.cdrnet.org/graduatedegree. As such, all dietetic interns (including scholarship recipients) who are beginning the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program on or after January 1, 2023 must have a graduate degree; submission of an official transcript conferring a graduate-level degree from a U.S.-accredited college or university will be required prior to beginning the internship program.
The scholarship application with all required information will be submitted under the supplemental section as part of the complete DICAS application process. The scholarship application will only be accepted via the DICAS application.
Completed scholarship applications and DICAS applications are due by January 1, 2022, 11:59pm (EST).
Scholarship Application Review and Awards Process
Scholarship Committee members review all applications and select recipients who best qualify for the scholarship based upon objective criteria as noted on the application form.
Applicants are notified of the outcome of scholarship selection by January 30, 2022.
Notification of status will be sent to all applicants by email to the email address designated by the applicant.
Those to be awarded the scholarship will be preselected* to the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program and will receive the scholarship upon matriculation into the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program.
The NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program participates in the ACEND approved preselect option for dietetic interns. The recipient of the NYPH Dietetic Internship Scholarship, is also preselected to be a Dietetic Intern with the NYPH Dietetic Internship Program. The scholarship recipient will not need to participate in the computer match process. Students will be notified of the scholarship / preselect decision by January 30, 2022. The NYPH Dietetic Internship Program will communicate with D&D Digital the names of those students preselected for the 2022-2023 Internship year.
If the student is NOT awarded the scholarship and appointed a preselect Dietetic Intern position, the student will remain an eligible candidate for the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Dietetic Internship Program through the computer matching process; there is no need to reapply.
- The NYPH Dietetic Internship Scholarship application form changes annually; applicants must use the 2022-2023 application form.
- Do not submit additional materials beyond what is required on the application.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.