NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is committed to advancing sleep science. Our sleep medicine specialists coordinate research studies supported by the National Institutes of Health and other funding sources. In this way, we have access to the most cutting-edge diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to help patients with even the most challenging sleep disorders.
Our sleep medicine specialists are conducting research in the following areas:
- Cardiovascular problems in people with sleep apnea
- The genetics of sleep disorders
- Sleep in people with movement disorders
- Devices to treat sleep apnea
- Circadian sleep problems
- Sleep disorders in Hispanics