Patient Services at the David H. Koch Center
At the David H. Koch Center, patients are able to conveniently access and receive medical and surgical care, without long waiting times or the need to travel to multiple sites. Located in Manhattan’s Upper East Side on York Avenue between 68th and 69th Streets, the center offers a range of services including:
- Ambulatory Surgery
- Breast Center
- Gastroenterology and Hepatology
- Infusion Center
- Integrative Health and Wellbeing
- Interventional Radiology
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pediatric Surgery
- Radiation Oncology
- Women and Newborns
The David H. Koch Center has 12 operating suites and 11 endoscopic procedure rooms, including an operating room dedicated for breast surgery that includes mammography and ultrasound equipment.
The Breast Center
A comprehensive variety of screening, diagnostic and treatment modalities for breast cancer diagnoses are offered at the David H. Koch Center. We provide multidisciplinary breast oncology care, including:
- Breast cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Breast surgical procedures
- Breast medical oncology and intravenous therapies
- Breast radiation therapy
The innovative design of the David H. Koch Center provides patients and their families with a patient-centered, co-located and convenient model for breast oncology services:
- Patients may see multiple providers across disciplines in one day, if needed.
- Those who need intravenous therapies can receive them in our comfortable and contemporary infusion center.
- The Breast Center provides additional services, such as nutritional guidance, genetic counseling, social work, cold cap therapy, massage therapy and a Cancer Information Professional to provide tailored patient education materials and resources.
Call for an appointment 646-962-2330
Gastroenterology and Hepatology (Digestive Care)
A range of screening, diagnostic, and outpatient or in-office surgical procedures for benign digestive diagnoses are offered at the David H. Koch Center. Your provider will confirm the location of your procedure at the time of scheduling. We provide multidisciplinary gastrointestinal care, including:
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) diagnosis and treatment
- Certain weight loss (bariatric) surgical procedures
- Diagnosis and treatment of difficulty moving food through the digestive tract (motility disorders)
- Colon cancer screening (including colonoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy) and genetic counseling/testing
- Care for disorders of the esophagus and stomach, such as gastroesophageal reflux disorder (GERD)
- Management of liver disease
- Treatment of anal and rectal problems
- Relief of blockages in the pancreatic and bile ducts
The innovative design of the David H. Koch Center provides patients and their families with “one-stop shopping” for digestive services:
- Patients may see multiple providers in one day, if needed.
- Those who need intravenous therapies — such as biologic therapies for IBD — can receive them in our modern, comfortable infusion center.
- The Center for Advanced Digestive Care provides additional services, such as nutritional guidance, genetic counseling, social work, and telehealth for follow-up visits.
Integrative Health and Wellbeing
The Integrative Health and Wellbeing program provides comprehensive care to promote your physical, psychological, and social well-being. The program offers an integrative, holistic approach that is based on the latest medical research. Complementary therapies can help to prevent disease, promote relaxation, reduce stress and anxiety, and relieve symptoms associated with a disease or its treatment. Learn more »
Call for an appointment 646-697-9355
Working closely with the radiation therapists in the radiation oncology unit just down the hallway, the Infusion Center provides exceptional care for a range of chronic and rare diseases in a comfortable environment. The center includes patient navigators, social workers, nutritionists and a Cancer Information Professional (providing tailored patient education materials and resources) who will see patients, as needed, during treatment. We also offer complimentary therapies, such as Reiki therapy and arts and crafts.
The David H. Koch Center is the first in the world to combine all imaging modalities used for minimally invasive procedures. The center will have a single suite that has:
- simultaneous magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and positron emission tomography (PET)
- rotational computerized tomography (CT)
The suite has advanced imaging registration software that allows doctors to overlay previous imaging scans on real-time imaging. This allows us to more precisely guide diagnostic or therapeutic interventions.
Using the advanced imaging capabilities in our imaging suite, our doctors are able to perform a host of nonsurgical treatments with greater precision. A team of radiochemists, MR scientists, and physicians skilled in image-guided interventions work together to determine the best imaging modality and begin treatment as soon as possible. This means fewer unplanned return trips to the procedure suite and the ability to perform services previously seen as impossible to perform noninvasively.
Patients needing blood draws or other laboratory services, can visit the on-site lab. This lab is staffed with phlebotomists, laboratory technicians, and board-certified pathologists, who can diagnose specimens on site or review slides remotely.
The pediatric surgery service at the David H. Koch Center provides advanced surgical care in a state-of-the-art environment. As a major referral center, we can offer children and their families comprehensive care for complex and rare conditions. Our services include:
- Ambulatory surgery
- Interventional radiology
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Pre-surgical testing
Our Child Life Program is uniquely designed to help ease anxieties and educate patients and their families about the procedures. Learn more about preparing your child for surgery.
The radiation oncology unit at the David H. Koch Center offers multidisciplinary care for cancer. Working closely with the Infusion Center, the center provides advanced radiation therapy for adult outpatients who do not require anesthesiology. The center has state-of-the-art technology including two linear accelerators and an MRI-guided linear accelerator.
Call for an appointment 212-746-3607
Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns
NewYork-Presbyterian Alexandra Cohen Hospital for Women and Newborns is dedicated to offering compassionate, personalized care to pregnant women, newborn babies and their families. The 246,500 square foot unit occupies the top five floors of the building and features: 75 single-bedded rooms and well-baby bassinets, 60 private neonatal intensive care isolettes, 16 labor and delivery rooms, five cesarean section operative suites, 20 maternal critical assessment and treatment unit rooms, and 15 ultrasound rooms, which offers state-of-the-art visualization. It is the first facility in New York City to have MRI capabilities and an operating room in its neonatal intensive care unit.