Your Healthcare Team
A Team of Highly Experienced Professionals
Your care team at NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital includes providers with decades of experience delivering high-quality cancer care. They combine that expertise with compassion and understanding to treat all of you, not just your disease. They are committed to multidisciplinary care based on the findings of the latest medical research and the results of genomic testing of your cancer. In collaboration with the National Cancer Institute-Designated Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center at Columbia University Medical Center, our team includes:
- Cancer surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, interventional radiologists, pathologists, psychiatrists, and medical physicists.
- Dedicated oncology nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and radiation therapists certified to provide cancer care
- Patient navigators to help coordinate the various components of your care, from screening through treatment and into survivorship. The navigator's goal is to help make the cancer journey as smooth and free from stress as possible
- Social workers providing psychosocial support to you and your family
- Pharmacy staff with experience and knowledge of drugs used in oncology care, including immunotherapy, chemotherapy, and other agents.
- Genetic counselors to assess your cancer risk and offer genetic testing
- Palliative care practitioners to relieve your symptoms and help you and your family maintain your quality of life
- Nutrition counselors to provide recommendations for a healthy diet to maintain your strength during and after treatment
- Spiritual counselors to support your emotional and spiritual needs
- Physical therapists and other rehabilitation specialists to support your recovery
- Survivorship care providers to guide you in the transition from active treatment to a return to wellness
- Administrative and office staff committed to care focused on the needs of each of our patients
Your team meets weekly to discuss your case, combining their expertise to identify areas where we can offer more support. We also communicate with your primary care provider throughout your care to ensure he or she is continuously aware of all aspects of your treatment.
Anurag Sharma, MD
Michelle Azu, MD, Breast Surgery
Steven A. Lee-Kong, MD, Colorectal Surgeon
Roy Oommen, MD, Thoracic Surgery
Christine H. Rohde, MD, Plastic Surgery