- 2 bunches of spinach or swiss chard (about 5 cups), stemmed and chopped.
- 1 large leek, white part only, sliced and washed well (or 1 onion)
- 1/3 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups chopped cilantro (leaves and tender stems)
- 2 cups chopped parsley (leaves and tender stems)
- 8-9 eggs
- Chop the stems finely. Add to the washed leek and set aside.
- Heat a 10-12 inch cast iron or nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add half the oil to the pan, add the leeks and chard stems, with half the salt. Cook until tender and translucent, about 5-10 minutes.
- When the leek and stems are done cooking, add the chard leaved. Mix together, add remaining salt.
- Whisk eggs and add to pan, folding everything together. .
- For the first two minutes of cooking, use a rubber spatula to pull the edges of the mixture into the center as they set. Then, reduce the heat and let it cook. It will take a while for the center to set.
- After about 10 minutes when the mixture is no longer wiggling.
- Flip onto a plate, and then slide it back onto the pan to cook the other side, or place the pan in an oven, preheated to 350F and bake until the center is fully set, about 10 minutes longer.
- When it is done, let cool for a few minutes, and flip it out onto a plate.