White Bean & Escarole Soup
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans cannellini beans
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 pound escarole, chopped
- 1-2 parmesan rinds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: chopped and cooked low-fat chicken sausage.
- Puree half beans with chicken broth until smooth. Set aside.
2. In a soup pot, add olive oil and sliced garlic cloves and red pepper flakes. Cook over low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped escarole, the other half of the beans, and stir.
- Add chicken broth mixture, parmesan rinds, and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese.