Shrimp Sautéed Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- 2 pounds raw shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails removed (or you can use thawed frozen shrimp)
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos (tamari or soy sauce can be used; low sodium preferable), divided
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 bag of cauliflower rice OR 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp Avocado oil (or another plant-based oil)
- 1 yellow onion, minced (red onion or shallots works too)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- 2 green onions chopped finely (or omit)
- Fine sea salt, to taste
- Combine shrimp with 2 Tbsp of soy sauce and 1 Tbsp of toasted sesame oil.
- If using fresh cauliflower, process in a food processor or grate with large holes until rice size pieces.
- Heat avocado oil in wok and add onion, garlic and ginger for about 2 mins. Add carrots and cook another 2-3 mins. Add a little more oil and the cauliflower and cook stirring frequently, for about 5 mins. Transfer to plate.
- Add shrimp mixture to wok and sear 1 minute each side. Transfer to plate with cauliflower. Pour the eggs into the wok and scramble until mostly cooked through. Pour cauliflower and shrimp back into wok and add remaining coconut aminos and sesame oil and salt. Stir in the peas and cook for 1- 2 minutes. Garnish with green onions.
This dish will keep in the refrigerator 5-7 days.