Initiated in 2005, the mission of the Center for Community Health Navigation (CCHN) is to support the health and well-being of patients through the delivery of culturally-sensitive, peer-based support in the emergency department, inpatient, outpatient, and community settings.
Based on sites across the NYP enterprise, and in surrounding communities, the Center’s overarching objectives are to support healthcare self-management, to connect patients with needed clinical care and social support, and to encourage optimal health care system utilization. CCHN works to achieve these objectives by:
- Facilitating access to care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and in the community
- Deepening connections between NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and community resources
- Developing and sustaining innovative patient-centered initiatives
- Advancing the Community Health Worker (CHW) role and workforce
- Enhancing the CHW knowledge base and informing local and national best practices