Superior Care Throughout a Woman's Life
From the teen years and into menopause, a woman needs high-quality gynecology care for the better part of her life. When you come to NewYork-Presbyterian for your care, you'll have access to all of the gynecologic prevention and treatment services you need, from annual check-ups and regular screenings to state-of-the-art therapies for reproductive disorders. Our obstetrics and gynecology program is ranked among the best in the nation in the annual Best Hospitals survey conducted by U.S.News & World Report and features:
A Distinguished History: Our gynecologists provide care that is based on a history of leadership. The Pap test, which is still the gold standard for cervix cancer screening around the world, was developed by Dr. George Papanicolaou in the mid-1900s during his tenure at Cornell University Medical College (now Weill Cornell Medicine).
An Experienced Team: All of our obstetrician/gynecologists are board-certified and hold academic appointments. Your team includes doctors, nurses, genetic counselors, and other specialists with expertise and subspecialty training in the care of reproductive conditions.
Comprehensive Care: We treat all disorders of the reproductive system, both cancerous and noncancerous. If you need an operation, we use minimally invasive surgery whenever possible (laparoscopy or robotic surgery). Pediatric and adolescent gynecologic care and family planning services are also available.
Research-Based Cancer Treatment: Our gynecologic oncologists have specialty training in the treatment of gynecologic cancers. Using tools such as minimally invasive surgery, chemotherapy, hormonal therapy, and radiation therapy, we treat you with the least invasive yet most effective therapy available, using state-of-the-art treatments based on the results of the latest medical research. If you wish to have children after your treatment is over, we try to use therapies that spare your fertility whenever possible. You may also have the opportunity to participate in clinical trials of promising new therapies.
A Variety of Locations: From uptown to downtown and at multiple places in between, you can access our gynecologic care at several convenient locations, so you can schedule appointments close to where you live or work. You'll receive personalized care in a compassionate, comfortable setting.
A Commitment to Education: We have renowned residency training programs, ensuring that you receive the most advanced medical care available. Advanced programs in urologic gynecology and minimally invasive surgery, including robotic surgery, are part of the coordinated care we provide.
Comprehensive Clinical Care
NewYork-Presbyterian offers compassionate and comprehensive gynecologic and obstetric health care for all phases of your life, including the full range of prevention, screening, and treatment services. We offer:
- General gynecologic care, ranging from annual check-ups and regular screenings to state-of-the-art treatments for disorders of the reproductive system.
- Diagnosis and treatment of gynecologic cancers, offering minimally invasive surgery and therapies based on the latest medical advances.
- Pregnancy care, taking into full consideration you, your baby, and your family to customize a plan of care.
- Superior perinatal care to manage birth defects diagnosed during pregnancy.
- High-risk pregnancy care, with extraordinary expertise and experience caring for you and your baby if you have a complicated pregnancy.
- Reproductive assistance from internationally renowned experts to help you if you have been having difficulty becoming pregnant.
- Convenient locations on the Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Columbus Circle, midtown Manhattan, lower Manhattan, Washington Heights, Rockland County, and Westchester County.
Whether you come to us for your yearly gynecologic check-up, are referred by your doctor for a specific procedure, or preparing to have a baby, we offer you advanced obstetric and gynecologic care that is based on the latest medical findings.