You and your baby. Those are our top two concerns when you come to NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester for pregnancy care and delivery. From our prenatal childbirth classes and advanced fetal testing and monitoring to a coordinated delivery team and exceptional breastfeeding support and newborn care after delivery, we maintain excellence every step of the way to achieve a shared goal: a healthy mother and a healthy baby. The best care starts early, even before you become pregnant.
Our team does all we can to increase your chance of becoming pregnant. For couples having trouble conceiving, our ob-gyns collaborate with our reproductive endocrinology and infertility specialist.
- After a thorough examination and review of your medical history, we’ll conduct in-depth testing, including semen analysis and an evaluation of your hormones and reproductive organs (uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries).
- For certain conditions affecting fertility, we offer surgical treatment, typically performed using minimally invasive approaches.
- Even if a cause of infertility is not found, many treatment options are available, such as medications to induce ovulation, intra-uterine insemination (IUI), and in vitro fertilization (IVF).
- We also offer egg freezing for couples interested in becoming pregnant in the future.
High-Risk Pregnancy Care
Pregnant women or babies at an increased chance for health complications are considered to be high risk. If you have been told you have a high-risk pregnancy, it is important to receive high-quality care from clinicians specially trained to deal with complex pregnancies. NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester has board-certified maternal-fetal medicine physicians on our team who offer consultations (in-person and via telemedicine) and prenatal testing.
- Specialized prenatal pediatrics. If you are carrying a baby with a congenital abnormality, we can connect you with perinatal specialists in the Center for Prenatal Pediatrics at NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital, who consult with you during your pregnancy and provide guidance, care, and connections to other healthcare professionals your child may need.
- Care for other health challenges. Our maternal-fetal medicine doctors are trained to care for women with coexisting conditions, such as high blood pressure or diabetes. If you have a pre-existing complication (or develop one during your pregnancy), a team of specialists will closely manage your condition to optimize your health and the health of your baby.
Prenatal Care and Services
We provide education and patient care services to keep you and your baby as healthy as possible before childbirth, including:
- Fertility testing
- Prenatal classes
- Prenatal monitoring, such as ultrasound
- Prenatal diagnostic tests, such as chorionic villus sampling (CVS) and amniocentesis
- Routine pregnancy care
- High-risk pregnancy care
Why Choose Us
The establishment of ob-gyn practices in Westchester County and the Bronx gives you access to many of the highly specialized services typically found in an academic medical center, but without the commute to New York City and in the comfortable setting of a local community hospital — so you can begin your journey to parenthood closer to home. Call for an appointment and let us support you before and during your pregnancy.