Robotic surgery enables your surgeon to operate with enhanced vision, precision and control. Robotic surgery minimizes postoperative pain, significantly shortens recovery and allows for a quicker return to normal activities.
The breadth of urologic problems we address include:
- Cancers of the prostate, bladder, kidney, testis, and ureter
- Urinary stone disease involving the kidney, ureter and bladder
- Benign prostate enlargement (BPH) causing problems with urination
- Urinary problems specific to women, including leakage of urine
- Female pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic reconstructive surgery
- Male sexual medicine and erectile dysfunction (ED)
- Male infertility
- Pediatric urologic problems
All our urologists at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens perform robotic surgery, including:
- Robotic prostatectomy for prostate cancer and benign prostate enlargement
- Robotic partial nephrectomy for kidney tumors
- Robotic cystectomy with urinary diversion for bladder cancer
- Robotic sacrocolpopexy for female pelvic organ prolapse
- Robotic reconstructive procedures including pyeloplasty and ureteral reimplantation
Download the General and Laparoscopic Surgery brochure
Diverse staff: Given the great diversity of our community, we have multi-ethnic staff who are culturally attuned to patients and can interact with patients in their own language, helping them to better understand the care they are receiving. We believe this more personalized care enhances the patient experience at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens.
Patient-centered, high quality care from fellowship-trained specialists: The road to good urologic health requires skilled physicians, attentive staff, and a commitment to patient-centered care. At NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens, providing high quality, compassionate and safe care is our highest priority.