When your child needs health care for an illness or just an annual check-up, it can be challenging to fit it into your busy schedule. The Theresa Lang Children’s Ambulatory Center at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens offers comprehensive healthcare services for infants, children, adolescents, and young adults from birth until the 22nd birthday. We schedule same-day visits whenever possible to meet your child’s healthcare needs. Our goal is to ensure that your child receives effective, efficient, and personalized attention in a way that is also convenient for you.
Your Child’s Healthcare Team
Our experienced, compassionate pediatric professionals care for more than 20,000 patients annually. The team includes:
- Full-time pediatricians
- Pediatric specialists and subspecialists within the hospital (such as Digestive Care, Nutrition, Neurology, Nephrology, Allergy, Asthma, and Pulmonology), and at NewYork-Presbyterian Komansky Children’s Hospital in Manhattan, with whom our physicians collaborate if your child needs to be referred for follow-up care
- Care coordinators to help you navigate the healthcare system and set up appointments
- Child life specialists and social workers who provide additional support
- Community Health Worker (CHW) program
Your child has access to:
- Preventive care/well-child visits
- Same-day sick care
- Our Pediatric Emergency Department, for emergency care that cannot be provided in our center
- Chronic disease management
- Nutritional guidance
- Social services
- Multidisciplinary care through referral to specialists
- Lab and imaging services, such as blood and urine tests and x-rays, available within the hospital for faster results
- Hospital pharmacy
- Behavioral health care through referral to mental health specialists
- Community Health Workers are onsite to link patients to community resources
- Virtual visits for follow-up and same-day care
A Patient-Centered Medical Home
We are proud to be recognized as a Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH): a facility that designates a personalized care team of primary care and specialty providers to address all of your child’s healthcare needs. Our team focuses on your child’s health goals and coordinates all the care needed to reach those goals across various settings. In 2022, the Theresa Lang Children’s Center achieved Level III PCMH re-certification — the highest level attainable, in recognition of our commitment to high-quality, coordinated patient care.
Call to schedule an appointment, refill prescriptions, or to discuss your health needs.
Theresa Lang Children's Ambulatory Care Center
Monday to Friday — 8:30am to 5pm
Well-child visits, same-day sick, and follow-up visits during business hours. Sick visits are available by appointment for children who are already patients in our system.
For new patients, please have relevant medical records sent to our practice prior to your first visit. Download this HIPAA Authorization form.
For NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Queens Patients: MyHealth Patient Portal