LGBTQ Healthcare Services & Programs
NewYork-Presbyterian Queens is immersed in one of the most diverse communities in the country. We strive to deliver excellence in care to all communities, including the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) community.
We work to meet the specific healthcare needs of LGBTQ individuals.
We offer the following services:
- Ensuring patients receive quality care in an unbiased culture of inclusion and acceptance
- Connecting patients to special healthcare programs focusing on diseases and disorders that especially impact the LGBTQ community
- Activities coordinated with our community partners
- Events tailored for LGBTQ individuals in the hospital community
- Equal access to our services and an open visitors policy for all, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
NewYork-Presbyterian Queens is proud to join the 418 healthcare providers nationwide who have earned the “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leader” designation from the Human Rights Campaign, highlighting our commitment to LGBTQ-inclusive policies and practices.
LGBTQ medical resources
Medical resources for the LGBTQ Community:
LGBTQ employee resource group
The LGBTQ Employee Resource Group works to improve the work experience for LGBTQ employees at NYP Queens. This group is committed to educating colleagues about the LGBTQ experience, both for patients and fellow coworkers. The goal is to create a sense of camaraderie through social and educational networking opportunities.
Employees, can access information about the LGBTQ Employee Resource Group on the Infonet.