Ensuring Access to World-Class Healthcare
People from all over the world and all walks of life come to NewYork-Presbyterian for our renowned healthcare services. This quality of care extends to members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBTQ) community. We provide care that is rooted in equality, respect, and understanding. From treatment to prevention and health education, you can receive the world's best healthcare in an unbiased culture of inclusion and acceptance.
We work to meet the specific healthcare needs of LGBTQ individuals. We offer the following services:
- Special programs focusing on diseases and disorders that especially impact the LGBTQ community
- Activities coordinated with our community partners
- Events tailored for LGBTQ individuals
- Equal access to our services and an open visitors policy for all, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity
- Research opportunities focusing on issues relevant to the LGBTQ community
The LGBTQ Task Force
Established in 2015, NewYork-Presbyterian's LGBTQ Task Force is led by Juan Mejia, MPH, vice president of Operations at NYP/Weill Cornell. The task force includes managers from different NewYork-Presbyterian departments who work together to continue to (1) cultivate a community that celebrates diversity, and (2) uphold an environment of respect and understanding for our patients, their families, and our staff.
NewYork-Presbyterian has been designated a 2018 Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality. To learn more please click here.
Welcome to NewYork-Presbyterian. Our doors are open to you. Come see what we have to offer.