Our doctors are currently seeing patients through in-person and video visits.
When you call to schedule an appointment with our doctors, please let the team know if you want an in-person or video visit. If you request a video visit, our team will walk you through the simple process of arranging one. Call your preferred campus today to schedule an in-person or video visit* appointment.
* This service is open to new and existing patients.
An International Reputation for Complex Surgeries in Children
The Divisions of Pediatric Surgery at NewYork-Presbyterian carry a tradition of leadership and innovation that dates back nearly half a century. We are proud of our experience as educators at one of the original training programs for pediatric surgeons in the United States, as pioneers conducting research in many aspects of pediatric surgery, and most importantly, as doctors who provide high quality, compassionate care for infants, children, and adolescents.
- A World-Renowned Reputation: Patients come to us from across the country and around the world for our international reputation for excellence in pediatric surgery. Our surgeons are known for treating children whose surgical issues were considered too complex by other hospitals.
- An Extraordinary Range of Skills: We are a major referral center for challenging operations such as genitourinary reconstruction, heart surgery (including congenital heart disorders in newborns), neurosurgery, spine and other orthopedic surgeries (including scoliosis), vascular malformation procedures, cancer surgery, organ transplantation, liver surgery, ENT (ear, nose and throat) procedures, and pediatric trauma care.
- Designated Surgical Center: NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital is a Level I Children’s Surgery Center, verified by the American College of Surgeons (ACS). We are the only hospital in New York state, and one of 18 in the nation, to receive this distinction, which is awarded to institutions that exhibit excellence in pediatric surgical care.
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: Our pediatric plastic and reconstructive surgeons treat a wide spectrum of conditions, including craniofacial deformities, skin lesions, blood vessel malformations, scars, and burns. These surgeons have advanced training in procedures such as microsurgery, with a goal to improve each child's function and appearance. Our relationships with children and their families endure over the years — we are involved in the care of some children from birth until they are in their late teens.
- Ensuring Your Child's Comfort: One of the first concerns voiced by children preparing for surgery is, "Will it hurt?" At NewYork-Presbyterian, our pain medicine specialists do everything they can, using the latest techniques, to ease the pain and discomfort of children with acute and chronic illnesses and those undergoing surgery. We provide services for inpatients and outpatients using a compassionate and holistic approach.
- Families First: We take particular pride in combining our pediatric surgical expertise with compassion. Uniquely designed to ease your anxieties and those of your child and other family members, our approach to family-centered is designed to make every child and family's visit with us as easy and as comfortable as possible. In most cases, you can accompany your child into the operating room, and stay until he or she is asleep. (For safety reasons, you cannot stay during the actual surgery.) When the operation has been completed, we will bring you to the recovery room, so that you can be with your child as he or she awakens from anesthesia.