Rapid, Accurate Diagnosis with Minimal Radiation
NewYork-Presbyterian provides comprehensive diagnostic imaging services for infants, children, and adolescents in a child- and family-friendly setting. We use the lowest dose of radiation required to achieve high-quality images. We know that accurate and timely image interpretation is key to your child’s diagnosis, and we collaborate to provide the best possible care.
- High-Volume Expertise: We perform tens of thousands of pediatric radiology procedures each year, giving us extraordinary experience in visualizing children’s anatomy and exceptional expertise in making an accurate diagnosis.
- Leading-Edge Equipment: Our imaging facilities are equipped with the most technologically advanced equipment, specially designed or adapted for children. We offer 64-slice CT scanning, the latest in imaging technology, offering unparalleled resolution and quick scanning times.
- Expert Studies of the Brain: Our staff includes not only pediatric radiologists, but dedicated pediatric neuroradiologists to interpret brain scans.
- Ensuring Your Child's Comfort: We understand that your child may feel anxious about having an x-ray, CT scan, MRI, or other imaging test. To ensure that your child is as comfortable as possible, we encourage you to be with him or her during the examination, and we will fully explain each step of the imaging process.
- Skilled Anesthesia: Our pediatric anesthesiologists supervise all procedures that require sedation to help your child relax and remain comfortable and still during an imaging exam.
- Minimal Radiation Exposure: We participate in the “Image Gently” initiative, ensuring that the procedures we perform are completed with as little radiation exposure as possible.
- A History of Groundbreaking Research: We have a long, proud tradition of developing and refining diagnostic imaging services for children. Our pediatric radiologists were the first to describe many of the classic x-ray appearances of pediatric diseases. We are continuing this tradition, using state-of-the-art technologies.