Enhancing Your Child's Comfort, Minimizing Anxiety
When your child is preparing for surgery, minimally invasive procedures, certain imaging tests, or needs pain control, he or she may be feeling anxious. And you may be, too. The specially trained pediatric anesthesiologists at NewYork-Presbyterian are united in our goal of enhancing your child's comfort and minimizing his or her anxiety, and yours as well. We have exceptional expertise providing anesthesia to infants, children, and adolescents. We skillfully customize your child's anesthesia to his or her age, specific underlying medical condition, and type of procedure to ensure the experience is as smooth as it can be.
- Always Available: Our pediatric anesthesiologists are available on-site and around the clock to relieve the pain and discomfort of infants, children, and adolescents in our care.
- Exceptional Expertise: We provide anesthetics for thousands of surgical, diagnostic, or treatment procedures that children have here each year.
- Collaborative Care: We are integral members of your child’s healthcare team. Before every procedure, we consult closely with your child’s pediatrician, surgeon, and other subspecialists to customize a plan of care.
- Specialized Knowledge: We're specially trained and board-certified to treat young patients. We understand how children differ anatomically and metabolically from adults, and we use the most advanced techniques and equipment to reduce pain and discomfort in young people.
- Pediatric Cardiovascular Anesthesia: We are integral members of the renowned team of experts who care for the hundreds of children who undergo heart surgeries, cardiac catheterization procedures, and electrophysiology studies at NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital every year.
- Family-Friendly Environment: We believe that parents are very much involved in their child's treatment plan and program. In many cases, we allow you to accompany your child into the operating room or procedure suite while we start the anesthetic.
- Rapid Discharge: Our Fast-Track Recovery Room at NYP/Morgan Stanley Children's enables us to quickly discharge patients who have had minimally invasive and minor procedures.
- Transplant Expertise: At NYP/Morgan Stanley Children's, we oversee the care of the many children having heart, liver, kidney, and small bowel transplantation. These complex and often lengthy operations require specialized knowledge. Our transplantation teams are prepared for any possible complications.
- Quality Assurance: Our Division of Anesthesiology at NYP/Morgan Stanley Children's is a founding member of a consortium of ten hospitals across the country, sponsored by the Society for Pediatric Anesthesia, that is dedicated to improving safety and quality in pediatric anesthesiology.
- Pioneering Research: We collaborate with laboratory researchers, specialists in newborn care, cardiology, surgery, transplantation, and other specialties to find new ways to reduce pain and discomfort in children.