Letter from the Chairs
Welcome to the NewYork-Presbyterian Departments of Pediatrics, where our experienced and compassionate physicians provide comprehensive care to infants and children through to young adults. Each year, thousands of parents from the Greater New York area and throughout the world bring their children to our two renowned children’s hospitals - NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital and NewYork-Presbyterian Komansky Children’s Hospital - to receive outstanding care devoted to children.
We provide outstanding medical care to young patients with everyday health needs as well as the most rare and complex conditions. Recognizing that each child is unique, we take a holistic approach that considers the entire patient, including his or her physical, emotional and social wellbeing. Through shared decision-making, we empower patients and their parents with knowledge, support, and the most effective therapeutic options to maximize health and improve quality of life. For pediatric patients with chronic ailments that continue into adulthood, we help them seamlessly transition to one of our adult physicians in NewYork-Presbyterian’s top-rated programs.
The strength of our Pediatrics program is rooted in the clinical, scientific, and educational excellence made possible by NewYork-Presbyterian’s affiliation with our two renowned medical schools — Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons and Weill Cornell Medicine. With more top pediatric specialists than any other hospital in New York, we are proud to be nationally ranked and best in New York for Neonatology, Pediatric Cardiology & Cardiac Surgery, and Pediatric Neurology & Neurosurgery, according to U.S. News & World Report.
Our clinicians are committed to the pursuit of progress in the lab and at the bedside to improve the lives of children:
- We offer the highest level of care for neonates in our neonatal intensive care units (NICUs) including the first infant cardiac ICU, where we care for more than 3,700 babies each year.
- We continuously expand the boundaries of what is possible in the diagnosis, management, and treatment of pediatric blood disorders and cancers, such as sickle cell, thalassemia, leukemia and sarcoma.
- We offer fully integrated treatment approaches to complex heart conditions, performing more than 1,300 cardiac operations annually, including heart transplants and newborn heart repairs.
- Our teams apply the very best practices and outcomes in surgeries of all kinds for children.
- We apply the latest in cutting-edge precision medicine to diagnose and treat rare genetic disorders.
- We stand at the forefront of the burgeoning field of neurogenetics to diagnose and treat epilepsy and other rare, progressive, genetic diseases that affect the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
We invite you to learn more about our services on these pages.