Back in the Game
When Gabby Rodriguez found out that scoliosis meant that she may have to quit softball, she turned to the experts at Och Spine at NewYork-Presbyterian. After a successful surgery, she was able to fulfill her dream of playing Division I college sports.
Heart-Healthy Chicken Tinga Tacos
A healthy diet and lifestyle are the keys to a healthy heart. Emilie Berner, chef and coordinator at the Chef Peter X. Kelly Teaching Kitchen at NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital, shares some heart-healthy cooking tips and other advice on healthy eating.
What to Know
- Pediatrician-in-Chief Dr. Sallie Permar shares information about the safety of the COVID-19 vaccine for children 6 months through 5 years old — and why it’s important for this age group to get vaccinated.
- Dr. Brian Fallon explains how the lone star tick can cause a meat allergy and what to watch for if you’ve been bitten.
- In partnership with the Festival of New York and New York Blood Center, NewYork-Presbyterian is helping to #meettheneed by supporting New York Blood Center’s efforts to collect 25,000 units of blood this summer in NYC. Check out where you can give during our blood drive the week of July 25.
- Come join us in Prospect Park for free outdoor yoga. Presented in partnership with Brooklyn Flow (by Bend + Bloom) and Prospect Park Alliance, the annual Prospect Park Yoga series takes place Thursday evenings through August 18. Register here
- Attend our free summer series exploring the Art of Wellbeing, co-sponsored with Lincoln Center, where you can join sessions featuring meditation and gentle movement-based lessons. View Schedule