Roasted Curried Carrots and Cauliflowers
From the Registered Dietitians and Chefs of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
Recipe Yields: 6 servings
- 1 head cauliflower, cored, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups carrots, sliced into 1/4 inch half moons
- 2 Tbsp grapeseed, or other high heat oil
- 1 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt to taste
- Freshly crack black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped and toasted almonds
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- On one sheet pan, with parchment paper, spread cauliflower in one layer on the pan. Coat with 1 Tbsp oil. Salt to taste.
- On one sheet pan, with parchment paper, spread carrots in one layer on the pan. Coat with 1 Tbsp oil. Salt to taste.
- Roast in the oven for 40 minutes to 1 hour, or until slightly browned and tender.
- While roasting, in a small bowl, combine curry powder, turmeric, olive oil, apple cider vinegar. Whisk to combine, set aside. This is your curry vinaigrette!
- In a small pan over a medium flame, add the almonds to toast, or use a toaster oven making sure not to burn.
- Remove vegetables from oven, and place them in a bowl while they are still warm.
- Pour over the curry vinaigrette, and toss to combine. Let stand 5-10 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with toasted almonds.
Recipe Yields: 4 servings
|Amount Per Serving|
|Fat 15g (68% calories from fat)|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g (7% calories from saturated fat)|
|Dietary Fiber 3g|
Note: Majority of the fat in this recipe comes from heart healthy polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats.