Primary care is an important aspect of health and wellness. A primary care provider offers services to treat and prevent illness, including routine physicals and health tests. The family medicine physician or provider may also help patients navigate the healthcare system if a specialist is needed.
Primary care and family medicine physicians at NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Westchester provide healthcare services such as:
- Periodic physical examinations
- Routine screenings for blood pressure, cholesterol, and diabetes
- Treatment of common conditions such as hypertension, high cholesterol, upper respiratory infections, strep throat, digestive disorders, minor injuries, and rashes
- Vaccinations, such as flu shots, pneumonia, shingles, and tetanus
- Referrals to specialists such as cardiologists, orthopedists, dermatologists, endocrinologists, and more