Hematology & Oncology
Cancer care requires a team approach — bringing together experts from surgery, medical oncology, radiation oncology and other areas to customize treatment for the patient. The hematology/oncology physicians of NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Westchester are part of the NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester (formerly Lawrence Hospital) Cancer Center, which offers cancer prevention, screening, treatment, support, and education. Hematologists and oncologists oversee the medical treatment of cancer, including treating patients with chemotherapy, immunotherapy (which boost the power of the immune system against cancer), and supportive infusion therapies.
In addition to medical oncology services, patients with cancer who receive their care at NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester (formerly Lawrence Hospital) Cancer Center benefit from:
- Screening, risk reduction, and genetic counseling to find cancers earlier or reduce cancer risk and recurrence
- Diagnostic and staging approaches, including imaging, interventional techniques, and biopsy
- Surgery, using advanced techniques and minimally invasive approaches
- Interventional oncology, which treats cancers and cancer-related problems using targeted, minimally-invasive procedures
- Radiation therapy, which uses precision technology to locate cancerous tumors to deliver safer and more effective radiation treatment
- Survivorship services, including support groups and a survivorship care plan, which summarizes the patient care program and treatment
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Westchester cancer surgeons use the hospital’s state-of-the-art operating rooms. These suites accommodate the latest surgical equipment and technologies and are located within the same building as the other divisions of the cancer program. When appropriate, our surgeons use a minimally invasive approach, including laparoscopy and robotic surgery. Minimally invasive surgery results in smaller incisions, less postoperative discomfort, and may speed up recovery time.
Find a Doctor
Specialties: Endocrinology, Internal Medicine
Specialties: Breast Surgery, Hematology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Oncology
Specialties: Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Hematology, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Oncology, Rheumatology, Thoracic Surgery, Sleep Medicine