Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine
Orthopedic surgeons and sports medicine specialists provide nonoperative and operative care to treat conditions and injuries of the musculoskeletal system – the spine, bones, joints and muscles.
Orthopedic surgeons assess a patient's function and symptoms and may treat conditions with medication, surgery, and/or rehabilitation. The goal is to reduce pain, accelerate recovery, and improve mobility. Sports medicine specialists, also known as rehabilitation and regenerative medicine doctors, focus on sports-related conditions and injuries, or chronic pain or conditions that may not require surgery.
At NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Hudson Valley, our orthopedic surgeons offer minimally invasive surgery, motion-preserving surgical techniques, and more. We offer some onsite procedures at our Hudson Valley medical group office locations and utilize the most advanced technology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital, where we perform surgery.
Our sports medicine doctor specializes in treating patients of all ages with a wide range of musculoskeletal, sports, and spine injuries. Utilizing state-of-the-art tools such as musculoskeletal ultrasound and regenerative treatments, our physicians employ a non-operative and individualized approach that focuses on return to activity, maximizing function and optimizing quality of life.
All our Columbia University Irving Medical Center surgeons and physicians perform procedures at NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital. The hospital also offers occupational and physical therapy at the hospital’s Center for Rehabilitation Services.
We Specialize In:
- Acute and Chronic Musculoskeletal Conditions
- Arthritis and Joint Diseases and Disorders
- Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Guided Injection Therapies
- Herniated Discs
- Hip and Knee Pain
- Operative Fracture Care
- Non-operative Orthopedic Conditions
- Orthopedic Trauma and Disorders
- Spine Surgery
- Spinal Tumors
We Specialize In:
- Ankle, Foot and Toe Pain
- Elbow, Wrist and Hand Pain
- Golfer’s and Tennis Elbow
- Joint and Soft Tissue Injections
- Knee, Shoulder, and Hip Pain
- Non-surgical Sport Medicine
- Pediatric and Adolescent Sports Medicine
- Regenerative Therapies
- Running Medicine
- Sports Injuries
- Stress Fractures and Overuse Injuries