NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Transfer Center: Call 1-800-697-7828
The NewYork-Presbyterian Physician Access Transfer Center will coordinate your patient’s transfer to the tertiary services available at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. Day or night, your call will be answered by the NYP Pediatric/Neonatal/OB Transfer Nurse Coordinator, who will gather pertinent information necessary to initiate the hospital-to-hospital patient transfer process. For more information, please visit NYPSTAT or call (1-800-697-7828, 1-800-697-7828).
Transfer/Transport to the Komansky Center Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: Call (212) 746-0318
The NewYork-Presbyterian Komansky Children’s Hospital Interhospital Transport Service is dedicated to providing rapid response with a highly skilled and experienced team of doctors, nurses and paramedics. We utilize the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Emergency Medical Services to transport premature and critically ill newborns to our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) from hospitals in the Tri-State area; we will also arrange for transports from anywhere in the world.
When a transfer has been arranged, a copy of the newborn’s medical records and other pertinent information should be sent with the infant. The Hospital’s goal is to keep an open line of communication with the referring physician and return all babies to their hospital of birth as soon as medically appropriate.
You will be able to consult with an attending neonatologist or neonatology fellow 24 hours a day/7 days a week. If the decision is made to transfer the infant, transport arrangements can be made immediately.
Transfer/Transport to the Komansky Center Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
If you would like to transfer a patient to our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, please contact us for a telephone consultation. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist referring physicians and their patients. Please call:
- Patient Referrals and Pediatric Critical Care Consultations
- Patient Transfers
Other Useful Numbers for Referring Physicians
- Pediatric Emergency Care (212) 746-3330
- Advanced Center for Digestive Care (Pediatrics) (646) 962-3865
- Pediatric Comprehensive Epilepsy Center (212) 746-3278
- Pediatric Burn Center (212) 746-5024
- Pediatric Orthopedic Urgent Care Service (877) 477-1543
- Perinatal Center at Weill Cornell (Maternal/Fetal Medicine) (212) 746-3530
- Pulmonary Function Testing Laboratory (646) 962-3410
- Neonatal Follow-up Program (212) 746-3530
- Patient Services (212) 746-4293
- International Patients (212) 746-4455