Skip to main content
- 1 1/4 cups wild rice, divided
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1-2 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, or pecans
- 1/4 cup hazelnut or walnut oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped sage or rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil and add 1 cup rice with the dried cranberries and maple syrup. Turn down to a simmer and cook 30-40 minutes. Rice is done when it has opened slightly and is tender.
- Drain the rice (you can save the liquid and drink it if you like or use it in a soup or smoothie).
- Toast the hazelnuts or pecans in a pan over medium heat until fragrant and add to the rice dish.
- Add the remaining 1/4 rice to a pan and toast it until it begins to pop, 2-3 minutes. Add to the rice dish.
- In the same pan, add 1 Tbsp of nut oil and chopped sage, cook until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Add to the rice dish with the remaining oil.
- Serve hot.