The NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Aortic Center brings together all of the providers you need for aortic care in one unified program. Our team cares for patients with all types of health conditions who have acute and chronic disorders in any part of the aorta — from the aortic valve, ascending aorta, and aortic arch to the thoracic, thoracoabdominal, and abdominal aorta and iliac arteries. Whether you have an increased risk of aortic disease due to Marfan syndrome or another disorder, require monitoring or treatment for an aneurysm, or are in critical need of emergency surgery for an aortic dissection or rupture, the specialists at the Aortic Center stand ready to provide you with full-service care.
Aortic Center services include:
- Diagnostic procedures such as advanced aortic imaging, including novel technologies that account for the motion of the heart during a scan.
- Monitoring and education of patients with small aneurysms that do not yet require a repair.
- Comprehensive genetic counseling and testing, in collaboration with the NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia Marfan Clinic.
- Minimally invasive open surgery and endovascular stenting for aneurysms and dissections, carefully tailored to each patient's needs.
- An integrated team that includes cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons, cardiovascular anesthesiologists, cardiothoracic radiologists, cardiologists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, geneticists and genetic counselors, and financial coordinators.
Our goal is to provide you with the least invasive therapy while achieving the maximum benefit and helping you live your life as normally as possible. We educate you about your health, so you can understand and feel comfortable with our recommendations. Our team is accessible and ready to answer any questions you may have.
Call for an Appointment
NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia Aortic Center
NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center
Milstein Heart Center Building, 7-435