How NYPBMH Surgeons Use Robotic Surgery to Provide a Better Patient Experience
Robotic technology enhances visualization, precision, control, and dexterity, enabling physicians to perform complex surgery in new, minimally invasive ways.
Procedures once performed using large open incisions are now performed with tiny ones, making recovery quicker and less painful. Blood loss is minimized and the risk of infection is reduced. While laparoscopic and other minimally invasive techniques have been used for several years, the robotic assisted procedures allow for a new level of precision.
Robotic assisted surgery is being used across several disciplines at NYPBMH. Thoracic surgeons, gynecologists, and urologists are all using it to treat conditions that previously required more invasive procedures.
Offering robotic surgery to our patients reflects NYPBMH's commitment to continually bringing patients the safest and most advanced technology.
Some benefits experienced by patients who have undergone robot-assisted surgery include:
- Shorter Hospital Stay
- Less Pain
- Less Risk of Infection
- Less Blood Loss
- Less Scarring
- Quicker Return to Normal Daily Activities
Chest And Lung Conditions
- Find more information on robotic thoracic surgery or call the Division of Thoracic Surgery at 718-780-7700.
- Find a surgeon specializing in robotic thoracic surgery or call 718-780-7700.
- Find more information on robotic gynecologic surgery or call 718-246-8500 or 718-780-3090.
- Find a surgeon specializing in robotic gynecologic surgery or call 718-246-8500 or 718-780-3090.
- Find more information on robotic urologic surgery or call 718-230-7788.
- Find a surgeon specializing in robotic urologic surgery or call 718-230-7788.