The Urology Department at NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital is an active and growing service, with over 11,000 patient visits and 700 surgeries each year.
Our Approach to Care
Our urologists take a personalized and multidisciplinary approach to your care. They consider your disease or condition, along with your health and lifestyle, and use that information to personalize a plan of care to meet your needs. In addition, they may consult with physicians in other medical specialties when planning your course of care.
Who We Treat
Urologists at NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital treat the full range of urological problems in men and women, including:
- Adrenal, bladder, prostate, kidney, and testicular cancers and urethral/penile cancer
- Benign (noncancerous) prostate problems (including benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH, and prostatitis)
- Hematuria (blood in the urine)
- Incontinence and voiding dysfunction (problems with urination)
- Overactive bladder (OAB)
- Interstitial cystitis (bladder inflammation)
- Kidney stones
- Male infertility
- Peyronie's disease (curvature of the penis)
- Sexual dysfunction
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Upper urinary tract tumors
- Urinary tract infection
- Varicocele (a widening of the veins along the spermatic cord, which supports a man's testicles)
Minimally Invasive Urologic Surgery
The Department has a fully equipped, state-of-the-art robotics program for the surgical treatment of prostate cancer, bladder cancer, and kidney cancer. This minimally invasive approach is associated with less blood loss, risk, and pain and a faster recovery time compared with traditional open surgery. We generally treat noncancerous conditions with minimally invasive techniques as well, such as laparoscopy or endoscopy. These techniques offer the same benefits as robotic surgery.
Our urology physicians, all of whom are on the staff of NewYork-Presbyterian Columbia University Irving Medical Center, are engaged in active research, clinical trials, and teaching. This academic involvement means that you receive outstanding care—without long waiting times for appointments and other inconveniences frequently associated with larger institutions. In addition, each of our physicians is a member of the highly regarded ColumbiaDoctors faculty practice. You can experience the level of exceptional care expected from NewYork-Presbyterian in a personal and accessible environment. We participate in a wide range of insurance plans.