For more than a century, NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester (formerly Lawrence Hospital) has delivered exceptional, comprehensive care close to home for Westchester residents. Founded in 1909, William Van Duzer Lawrence recognized the need for a strong community hospital when his son fell ill with appendicitis and had to be transported by baggage car to New York City. Following his son’s complete recovery, Lawrence purchased the land and donated the funds to build the hospital now known as NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester. Today, the hospital continues to grow its footprint in the community, enhance its high-quality care, and expand health care services throughout the region
NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester provides access to primary care physicians and specialists from ColumbiaDoctors, the faculty practice of Columbia University Irving Medical Center and NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Westchester. Our 288-bed facility is home to a cancer center, maternity center, breast health center, two cardiac catheterization labs, and a state-designated Stroke Center. We provide advanced services such as minimally invasive surgery, state-of-the-art orthopedic care, and access to clinical trials.