The Only Heart Surgery Program in Queens
NewYork-Presbyterian Queens is the only hospital in Queens offering cardiac surgery for a variety of conditions, ranging from coronary artery bypass grafting, aneurysm repair, and valve repair and replacement to the treatment of atrial fibrillation. Our team of heart surgeons has superior expertise in performing the latest cardiac procedures and experience caring for residents of the diverse and culturally rich Queens community.
Our heart surgery program received the highest rating from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons and consistently achieves among the highest patient satisfaction scores for the warm, family-centered care we provide. We match you with the most effective surgical approach to meet your needs, using minimally invasive techniques whenever appropriate to speed your recovery and improve your health and well-being.
Our Cardiac Team
Our cardiac surgeons are on the surgical staff at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, a world leader in heart surgery. They are joined by cardiologists, cardiothoracic anesthesiologists, perfusionists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and nurses who provide outstanding care before, during, and after your surgery to ensure the best outcomes. From your initial consultation and discussion of surgery through your operation and recovery, our team supports you every step of the way.
Advanced and Personalized Surgical Heart Care
When you come to us for a consultation, we will review your medical history, symptoms, and personal preferences to design a plan of care that meets your needs. Some patients don't need a procedure right away, but may benefit from regular monitoring, medication, and lifestyle changes. Others may need a minimally invasive procedure or open heart surgery. Treatments we offer include:
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) for coronary artery disease
- Valve repair and replacement, including transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) and treatment of mitral valve disorders
- Repair of aortic aneurysms and dissections using open surgery and transcatheter approaches
- Hybrid convergent treatment of atrial fibrillation, which combines catheter ablation and surgery for people with atrial fibrillation that persists despite non-surgical approaches
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO), a way to artificially supply oxygen-rich blood to the body when the heart and lungs are incapable of doing so
When you come to NewYork-Presbyterian Queens for heart surgery, you can receive high-quality surgical care from a world-class team of heart surgeons known for their exceptional skills and expertise. Contact us to make an appointment with one of our heart surgery experts and start receiving the very best heart care, closer to your home.