The Patient-Family Advisory Council (PFAC) at NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester Behavioral Health Center is a group of patients, families, caregivers, hospital staff, and faculty who work together on issues related to pa-tient and family-centered care.
Advisory Council Initiatives and Outreach
Since its founding in 2009, the Patient-Family Advisory Council at NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester Behavioral Health Center has:
- Created a “Welcome Desk” at the main lobby entrance.
- Advocated for the placement of signage and security at the entrance of the campus.
- Developed a glossary of acronyms and terminology used on the inpatient units.
- Created “Fact Sheets” for each unit outlining specifics of each specialty.
- Developed a color-coded map to facilitate the identification and location of buildings on the campus grounds.
Council members are exploring the creation of a main lobby information desk to educate patients and families about PFAC to engender support as well as train and recruit potential candidates. Members serve on a variety of hospital committees, including the Shared Medical Records committee, the Loss Prevention Work Group, and the Visitor Handbook Committee.
PFAC members are focused on attending staff meetings throughout the hospital to increase referral sources and inviting department leadership to make periodic presentations to members. The Council also plans to incorporate quarterly reports from Facilities Management to update the PFAC regarding current and pending construction projects to enlist Committee involvement.
Join us at 2 PM on the second Tuesday of each month for our PFAC meeting. We do not meet in August or December.
Become a part of the PFAC
The Council welcomes applications from patients or family member who have received any level of inpatient or outpatient clinical care at NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester Behavioral Health Center. Our Council strives to represent the diverse community and patient population the Hospital serves. Prospective members should be:
- Current or former patients or their family members.
- Committed to regularly attending meetings (participation via phone or video is an option).
- Willing to work collaboratively with Hospital Liaisons and other faculty and staff.
- Focused on providing meaningful feedback from a patient /family perspective as applicable.
- Able to represent the collective voice of patients and families rather than the individual’s perspective.
- An active voting member.
- Patient and Family Advisors are Hospital Volunteers. PFAC members are required to adhere to the NewYork-Presbyterian Volunteer policies and procedures.
Please complete the PFAC application by clicking on the link below with a letter of reference from a current or former care provider at NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester Behavioral Health Center. Applicants selected will be contacted for an interview and must be willing to complete NewYork-Presbyterian’s Volunteer Services process. Once the formal applicant is approved, they will be oriented and mentored by an existing PFAC member. For more information please contact [email protected].
NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester Behavioral Health Center is easily accessed from five major highways. Free shuttle bus service between the White Plains Metro-North train station and the campus is available at various times daily. Shuttle information can be obtained by calling 914-682-9100.