NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital's Center for Cardiovascular Health offers a full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services for cardiovascular disease. Our physicians are board certified in cardiovascular diseases, cardiac imaging (including echocardiography, nuclear cardiology, and cardiac CT angiography), and interventional cardiology.
Specific services include:
- general cardiac and vascular consultative evaluations
- cardiovascular disease risk assessment and prevention programs
- evaluation and management of peripheral artery disease
- evaluation and management of high cholesterol
- pre-operative cardiovascular risk assessment
- heart failure management
- abdominal aortic aneurysm screening for patients at increased risk
- 4-D transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography, including detailed volumetric analysis
- 64-slice cardiac computed tomography angiography for the early detection of sub-clinical heart disease
- exercise and pharmacologic stress testing
- cardiac CT angiography and coronary calcium scoring
- pacemaker implantation and follow-up care
Cardiac Wellness and Prevention
The Moody's Foundation Center for Cardiovascular Health – a component of the Hospital's Wellness and Prevention Center – focuses on the prevention of heart and vascular disease through early identification and implementation of therapeutic lifestyle changes and risk factor modification. The Center provides cardiovascular risk assessment through a variety of non-invasive methods, as medically indicated.
All NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital physicians are on the faculty of Weill Cornell Medical College. Within the familiar setting of their community hospital, patients experience a level of care found in a leading academic medical center.