Services - Young Men's Clinic
At NewYork-Presbyterian's Young Men's Clinic, we offer:
- Physical exams for sports, school, and employment, as well as annual physicals
- Care for illness and injuries
- Family planning counseling and advice
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing and treatment
- HIV counseling and testing
- HIV prevention PrEP (pre-exposure Prophylaxis) and PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis)
Mental Health Services
Mental health services for females and males provided at the Family Planning Center include:
- Screening for depression, substance abuse, domestic violence, and sexual and child abuse
- HIV education, counseling, testing, and referrals
- Short-term social work counseling, with referrals for mental illness, substance abuse, and mental health agencies as needed
- Counseling for stress, relationship issues, and other health concerns
Services for Teens
Teens can access services on their own, and we see them regardless of whether or not they have made an appointment. Health educators help support youth in learning about their healthcare options, making healthy choices, resisting coercion, communicating well, and preventing unintended pregnancies and sexually transmitted infections.
For more information, call our Teen Advocate at 212-305-9321.
Community Health Education
Educating members of our community is an integral component of the Family Planning Center's mission. In addition to individualized health education and counseling services, the Family Planning Center conducts community-based outreach and activities to impact public awareness on issues such as pregnancy prevention, STI and HIV prevention, male health, adolescent development and sexuality, and the availability of insurance programs. Special health education outreach initiatives target high-priority populations, such as adolescents, immigrants, and the uninsured.