Our doctors are currently seeing patients through in-person and video visits.
When you call to schedule an appointment with our doctors, please let the team know if you want an in-person or video visit. If you request a video visit, our team will walk you through the simple process of arranging one. Call your preferred campus today to schedule an in-person or video visit* appointment.
* This service is open to new and existing patients.
Skilled Care to Help your Child Breathe Easier
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital provides comprehensive, state-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment services for
children with a broad range of respiratory and allergic diseases and disorders, including asthma. We ensure that you are a central player in your child’s treatment plan. We coordinate care and communicate closely with your child’s primary care doctor.
- A History of Leadership: Our pediatric lung specialists have a long and distinguished history in the care of children with respiratory problems. Doctors here were the first to describe cystic fibrosis in 1938. We established one of the first pediatric pulmonary programs in the country in the 1970s.
- Assessing the Smallest Airways: Our staff is experienced in examining the smaller airways of infants and children of any age using flexible fiberoptic bronchoscopy. Our approach has a high level of diagnostic accuracy while allowing your child to breathe spontaneously during the test.
- Pulmonary Function Laboratory: We are among the few centers in the New York metropolitan area able to noninvasively measure and monitor lung function in children of any age, including infants. If your child is at risk for or already diagnosed with lung disease, this testing can provide critical information to your child’s doctor to help determine the best treatment.
- Groundbreaking Asthma Research: As one of only nine clinical research sites in the National Institutes of Health-funded Inner-City Asthma Consortium, our investigators are studying environmental and psychosocial factors linked to asthma in inner-city children, as well healthcare delivery issues.
- Two Pediatric Sleep Disorders Centers: We can evaluate your child’s sleep or breathing disorder in our one of our two sleep laboratories designed specifically for infants, children, and adolescents and their families. Our experienced sleep technicians perform these studies in a friendly, caring manner.
- Dedicated Cystic Fibrosis Center: The Sue and John L. Weinberg Cystic Fibrosis Center at NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital provides the full range of care to children with cystic fibrosis, including diagnostic testing, treatment, and the opportunity to participate in clinical trials of promising new therapies.
- Respiratory Therapy Expertise: Our healthcare teams include respiratory therapists trained specifically to care for children who need acute or long-term respiratory support, such as oxygen therapy, breathing treatments, or more advanced ventilation management.
- Asthma Education for the Community: Through our Open Airways health education program, we bring asthma education into elementary schools. More than 800 New York City elementary schools and nearly 35 percent of elementary schools nationwide have adopted this program.
- Respiratory Support for Children with Neuromuscular Disease: At the NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital’s Neuromuscular Disease Clinic, children with respiratory problems associated with muscular dystrophy, spinal muscular atrophy, and other neuromuscular diseases receive diagnostic testing and treatment from pulmonologists with specialized training caring for children with these disorders.