Sweet Potato Portobello Mushroom Wrap with Savory Yogurt Dressing
Winter can be a challenging time for our immune system- the cold weather, the flu season, the holidays all
can disrupt our usual life-style habits. Consuming a diet high in antioxidants, such as Beta Carotene, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Selenium, helps ensure that our bodies can carry out the daily functions necessary for maintaining a healthy immune system.
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 medium Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 small red pepper, seeded and cut in strips
- 1/2 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 summer or zucchini squash, sliced in rounds
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme plus 1 additional dash
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 12" whole wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup plain fat free yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic flavored oil
- Dash paprika
Note: garlic flavored oil can be purchased or made at home. To make at home, gently sauté garlic in olive oil, making sure not to brown garlic, and then strain garlic from oil. Use immediately.
- Heat oven to 375F. Combine olive oil, vinegar, honey and mustard in a small bowl.
- Brush small amount of mixture on mushroom slices. Place mushrooms on a baking pan and bake for approximately 20 minutes
- In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, red peppers, onions and squash. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp thyme and rosemary then toss with remaining oil and vinegar mixture.
- Spread vegetable mixture on another baking pan. Place in oven and bake about 25 minutes, stirring once. Remove from oven and season with salt and pepper.
- Make the yogurt dressing by combining the yogurt, garlic flavored oil, dash of paprika, dash of thyme and salt and pepper, to taste.
- To make the wrap, spread 2 tablespoons of the yogurt dressing on each tortilla. Top each with 1/2 cup vegetable mixture, 1/2 cup fresh spinach, and several slices of Portobello mushrooms.
- Fold ends of wrap in and roll tightly. Bake at 375 degrees F, until warm and crispy, then cut wrap in half and serve warm.
Serving Size: 1 wrap
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 17g (29% calories from fat)||26%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||15%|
|Total Carbs 75g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 12g||48%|