Cioppino over Pasta
Recipe prepared by Chef Prashant Josse
Nutrient analysis by Georgia Giannopoulos, RD, CDN, CNSC
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 2/3 cup onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh leeks, sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin oil
- 2/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped (garnish)
- 1½ cups raw spinach
- 2 cups canned, crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup whole wheat pasta
- 8 raw, jumbo shrimp
- 4 raw, large scallops
- 8 raw, large mussels
- 4 raw clams
- 8 oz. raw Pacific cod fillet
- Heat oil in pan; add onions and sauté for 1 minute. Add garlic and leeks, sauté about 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add clams and sauté for about 15 seconds; add shrimp, scallops, basil, parsley, spinach and sauté for additional 15 seconds.
- Add crushed tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cover pan and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.Check the clams to see if they have opened. If opened, add mussels and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Check the clams to see if they have opened. If opened, add mussels and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil; add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Serve cioppino over pasta and garnish with chives.
Serving Size = 1 cup
|Amount Per Serving|
|Fat 17g (32% calories from fat)|
|Saturated Fat 2.6g (5% calories from saturated fat)|
|Dietary Fiber 10.5g|