Computer Matching: Applicant Responsibilities
All complete computer matching information, including the computer matching dates with deadlines, is available on the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics/ACEND website.
Applicants are responsible for obtaining current application information from the Dietetic Internships (DI). The basic steps in this process are:
- Complete the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services (DICAS) on-line application.
- It is recommended that you obtain current application materials from selected DIs at least six (6) months prior to the computer match in April and November annually. Please note that DI application forms for programs that do not use DICAS are not available on the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics website or from Academy staff. You must get all required application information from the DI programs.
- Discuss application materials with your Didactic Program Director, if available.
- If required, apply to take Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Request references from advisor/faculty/employers and order official transcripts as needed to submit to DICAS and internships not using DICAS.
- Complete each DI application according to instructions provided and submit the materials to the DI director by the designated deadline date. Questions about completing applications should be referred to the DI Director or your DPD Director, not Academy staff.
- Provide telephone number(s) and email address with applications where you can be reached on Appointment Day.
- Send all materials by the postmark deadline and by receipted mail for proof of mailing date and delivery. Enclose a self-addressed stamped postcard if you want to be notified of receipt of the DI application from the program.
- Applicants must register on the D&D Digital website, pay the $55.00 computer matching fee with a credit card and submit their prioritized list of selected dietetic internships online to D&D Digital before the designated deadline dates. (Refer to Dates for the Computer Matching Process for each appointment period.) Applicants should call D&D Digital prior to the deadline if they do not receive an e-mail with login information.
- If you do not receive a match, you must register with D&D Digital and reapply to internship by the withdrawal deadline date for each Spring and Fall computer matching period.
Computer Matching Phase
- Applicants are responsible for notifying D&D Digital, in writing, of a decision to withdraw from the matching process if circumstances will prevent them from accepting a match that may occur.
- Applicants are responsible for telephoning D&D Digital if they cannot access the D&D Digital Internet site to view their personal matching results on Notification Day.
- Applicants who receive a computer match DI appointment are responsible for accepting or rejecting the match by telephone or email by 6:00 pm (of the program’s time zone) on Appointment Day.
- Applicants who submitted a Declaration of Intent to Complete form with their DI applications must obtain a signed DPD Verification Statement from their DPD Program Director and official transcript documenting completion of the bachelor’s degree before they may begin the DI.
Important Applicant Responsibilities
Participants in the computer matching process are expected to adhere to the results of the match and accept a match that may occur. It is unethical to decline a match in order to pursue appointment to another program.
Programs with open positions will be posted on the D&D Digital Web site the day following Appointment Day. Applicants who do not receive a computer match must not contact any program with open positions until the day following Appointment Day. In addition, please do not ask your Didactic Program Director to inquire about programs with open positions until the day programs with open positions are posted. This allows the DI programs time to confirm acceptance from their matched applicants and determine the process they will use to fill open positions.