The treatment of thyroid disorders in young patients requires a team approach. The Pediatric Thyroid Center at NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital is the only program in the New York metropolitan area dedicated to the care of children with benign and malignant thyroid diseases, from the most common to the most complex. We bring together a multidisciplinary team of specialists with the expertise required to care for children — from newborns to teens — with conditions such as:
- Thyroid nodules
- Thyroid cancers
- Parathyroid hormone imbalances
- Multiple endocrine neoplasia (MEN) syndromes
- Other thyroid disorders
Why Choose Us for Your Child's Care?
A Team Approach
A key strength of the Pediatric Thyroid Center is our interdisciplinary team. Our thyroid specialists and other experts see children with all types of thyroid disorders, and we communicate with each other regularly about your child's care. This interdisciplinary approach is challenging to find elsewhere. Your child's healthcare team includes:
- Pediatric endocrinologists (medical doctors who specialize in the assessment and treatment of hormonal disorders)
- Surgeons who specialize in thyroid biopsy and surgery and who have exceptional experience conducting thyroid surgery
- Radiologists and nuclear medicine specialists with experience analyzing pediatric imaging studies
- Anesthesiologists who provide compassionate care for children and their parents, who may feel anxious about surgery
- Pathologists and cytopathologists who are experts in the interpretation of biopsy results
- Pediatric cancer specialists with experience caring for young patients with thyroid cancer
- Pediatric ophthalmologists, who care for children's eye issues
- Pediatric neurologists
- Genetic specialists
We partner with your child's primary care physician to ensure that your child gets the very best care.
An International Reputation
Each year, our Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism has nearly 8,000 patient visits. Parents from across the nation seek our expertise because of our leadership in the identification and implementation of effective treatments for hormonal disorders.
National And Local Recognition
We are consistently the highest ranked New York Pediatric Endocrinology program and one of the best in the nation in U.S. News & World Report's "Best Children’s Hospitals." Our doctors have been named in Castle Connolly’s America’s Top Doctors, New York magazine's "Best Doctors" listing, and the New York Times magazine's "Super Doctors" listing.
A Commitment To Research
A central mission of the Pediatric Thyroid Center is to advance the care of thyroid diseases in children. When clinically relevant, our patients have the opportunity to participate in a clinical trial of a new treatment.