Primary Care in Westchester
Seeing your primary care doctor regularly can help you to stay your best self.
At NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Westchester, our experienced primary care doctors provide preventative care, including annual physicals and Medicare annual wellness exams, treat common illnesses and minor injuries, and help manage chronic conditions for your continued health and wellness.
See our dedicated primary care physicians in Westchester for annual physicals, immunizations, and health tests. Some appointments can be virtual.
Find a Primary Care Doctor in Westchester
A primary care or internal medicine doctor focuses only on adult medicine, while pediatricians only treat children up to 18. Family medicine doctors treat both children and adults. Find the right doctor for you or your family in the list below:
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Westchester locations offer:
- Same-day sick visits
- Early, late, and weekend hours
- Safe in-person appointments and video visits
- Most insurance accepted
Comprehensive Primary Care in Westchester
For all your health care needs, internal medicine and family doctors at NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Westchester offer a full scope of services, including:
- Evaluating headaches, muscle pain, aches, heartburn, sleep issues, and more
- Treatment for common illnesses, such as upper respiratory infections, chest congestion, sore throat, minor injuries, and rashes
- Diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19 and the flu
- Routine screenings and monitoring of health concerns, such as high cholesterol, diabetes, digestive disorders, and high blood pressure
- Vaccinations, such as flu shots, pneumonia, shingles, and tetanus
- Yearly physicals and well visits
Regular check-ups and annual physicals are important because your physical condition may change without any noticeable side effects. During a physical or check-up, your doctor may gather information on:
- Depression: Low mood can negatively impact your daily life
- Blood sugar for prediabetes: Some people have prediabetes and don’t know it
- Blood pressure: High blood pressure raises your risk of heart disease
- Medications: Certain medications may need to be reviewed or changed
- Family history: May indicate that you need certain screening tests sooner
For seniors who have Medicare, an additional annual wellness exam is fully covered by insurance. This will include:
- Health screenings: A thorough assessment to determine if there are any additional health screenings to consider or if you are at risk for any health concerns
- Home life: A review of your home life to ensure you have all the tools you need to live each day comfortably
- Care plan: Personalized advice and creation of a care plan for the year ahead
Convenient Locations Throughout Westchester
With locations throughout lower Westchester, you can find a doctor nearby with the expertise to treat all your primary care needs. Locations are right in your neighborhood, including:
- Mount Vernon
- White Plains
Find a convenient location for you
Seamless Access to Our Network
Our network of doctors offers a collaborative care approach with highly trained providers and a breadth of shared resources to provide patients with the best- personalized options and recommendations.
For your continued care, your internist or PCP may refer you to a specialty care physician. NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Westchester specialists provide a full scope of services including cardiology, OB/GYN, gastroenterology, and more.
For your convenience, NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Westchester primary care doctors can offer video visits for sick appointments and follow-ups.
- A video visit is a simple, secure, and convenient way to have a visit with a doctor using a mobile phone, computer, or tablet device
- Video visits can be used to see an internal medicine doctor or a specialist like a cardiologist or OB/GYN. You can schedule video visits with your current doctor as well as with a new doctor or specialist
- Simply call the doctor’s office, and they will schedule the video visit appointment on your behalf
- Once your doctor schedules a video visit, the doctor’s office will provide you with instructions on how to easily and successfully create an account and prepare for your video visit
Safe In-Person Appointments
At NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Westchester, we want you to feel confident about returning for your next in-person appointment. Our top priority is your health and safety, so we have expanded our safety measures. We have new protocols to protect you and our care team. For example:
- Skip the front desk: We have a streamlined check-in process where you can check-in at a Welcome Kiosk computer. Additionally, before you arrive, forms and co-pays will be processed remotely through the 24/7 patient portal.
- Disinfection and cleaning: Our locations are repeatedly and thoroughly sanitized throughout each day. Exam rooms are cleaned extensively between patient visits.
- COVID Screening and masks: All patients will be asked a series of questions to ensure they do not have Covid-19 before arriving. We also require that patients wear a mask to their appointments.
- Protective equipment: Our care teams follow CDC guidelines, have the proper personal protective equipment (PPE), and wear it at all times. We have also established screening and testing protocols for our care teams to ensure they are entirely healthy when treating you.
- Spacing out appointments: We allow additional time between patient appointments to minimize the number of patients in the office at one time and allow for more time to disinfect the office.
Specialties: Internal Medicine
Specialties: Endocrinology, Internal Medicine
Specialties: Internal Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery, Spine Surgery
Specialties: Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Hematology, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Oncology, Rheumatology, Thoracic Surgery, Sleep Medicine
Specialties: Internal Medicine
Specialties: Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Internal Medicine
Specialties: Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Gastroenterology