Need an expert in the field of ophthalmology? Look no further than NewYork-Presbyterian Lawrence Hospital, where all 25 specialists are board-certified in their areas of expertise. These include Comprehensive General Ophthalmology and sub-specialties like Glaucoma, Cornea, Retina, Pediatrics, Oculoplastics, and Refractive Surgery. State-of-the-art high-tech equipment enables our highly skilled physicians to perform advanced procedures in our facilities right here, close to home.
Complimenting our facilities and expertise is our ability to perform a variety of ophthalmologic procedures including:
- Small incision, clear cornea cataract surgery with the new multi-focal implants which allow for both distance and near vision after surgery.
- Toric intraocular lenses or limbal relaxing incisions to reduce or eliminate astigmatism.
- Glaucoma procedures using lasers for the reduction of pressure as well as surgeries such as trabeculectomies with antimetabolites and various shunts and drainage devices for complicated cases.
- DSEK, a new, less invasive corneal transplant technique that has a markedly shortened the recovery time for patients.
- State-of-the-art retino-vitreous surgeries such as retinal detachment surgery, vitrectomies and membrane peeling.
- Pediatric surgery, particularly strabismus surgery, and oculoplastics procedures such as lid and orbital reconstructive surgeries.
We pride ourselves on not only our skills, but on our compassion and desire to heal individuals, including those who may not have adequate access to medical care. To that end, many of our ophthalmologists participate in volunteer projects including Project Orbus, The Volunteer Health Project, and Habitat for Humanity.