Having Your Baby At NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital
The birth of your baby is a joyous and memorable occasion to be shared with family and loved ones. At NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital we provide you with clinically excellent obstetrical care that is tailored to your personalized needs in a family-centered environment.
Every year, our team of birthing professionals help to bring more than 800 babies into the world. Our physicians have advanced training to perform Cesarean births and manage complications that may arise and our certified nurse-midwives care for women with low-risk pregnancies who desire no or low-intervention births.
Our goal is to give you the birthing experience that you desire while keeping your safety and comfort at highest priority. We welcome family members, friends, partners and doulas to support you throughout your labor and delivery.
This is an exciting time, and it’s natural to have questions and concerns along the way. Whether you are welcoming your first baby or are an experienced parent, our knowledgeable and experienced staff is here to guide and nurture you through your pregnancy, birth and delivery, and after your baby comes home.
At our hospital you will have access to:
- A multidisciplinary team of experts – obstetrician/gynecologists, Magnet nurses, certified nurse-midwives and board-certified neonatologists - collaborate to provide comprehensive and compassionate care to you and your baby.
- Our family-centered Labor and Delivery Suite has comfortable rooms.
- Newborn services, including a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for babies who need additional medical attention after birth.
- Early bonding opportunities and superior breastfeeding support. NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital is certified "Baby Friendly" by Baby Friendly USA and the World Health Organization for our superior care and for our instruction and assistance to mothers who choose to breastfeed their babies.
- A wealth of classes, support groups and resources for parents.
- Immediate access to NewYork-Presbyterian consulting physicians in various specialties such as neonatology, cardiology, genetics, and nephrology.