Recovery & Support for Heart Failure
Many people with heart failure are repeatedly admitted to the hospital for treatment. At NewYork-Presbyterian, we want to stop that cycle. Through our Centralized Heart Failure Management Program, we provide care for a lifetime for anyone with heart failure treated at any hospital in the NewYork-Presbyterian healthcare system.
Our dedicated team of heart failure specialists uses telephone check-ins, telehealth visits, support groups, and remote monitoring devices to care for people with heart failure in their homes throughout the New York tri-state area. Our goal is to keep our patients out of the hospital and at home, living their best lives possible.
Supporting Your Health at Home
Our recovery and support services include:
- Remote monitoring with implanted devices such as CardioMEMs™ and HeartLogic™ coupled with remote patient monitoring systems. These devices can sense changes in your heart function early, enabling your doctor to modify your medical care to resolve them sooner — with the goal of preventing a visit to the emergency room or admission to the hospital.
- Instruction about the devices as well as smartphone and tablet apps that collect data we use — with your permission — to track your heart health.
- Guidance about healthy eating and physical activity to help you achieve and maintain a healthy weight, which is good for your heart.
- Telephone check-ins and periodic telehealth visits to see how you're doing and answer any questions.
- Support groups and integrative therapies (such as massage therapy and acupuncture) that promote your overall well-being — mind, body, and spirit.
Services are available in multiple languages, including English, Spanish, Mandarin, Korean, and Russian.
Helping You Get Stronger
Our cardiopulmonary rehabilitation teams offer monitored exercise, education, nutritional counseling, and support to help you improve your function and quality of life. You can receive therapy addressing your physical health, activities of daily living, and recreation needs in a safe and supportive environment. We’ll design a rehabilitation plan to help you reach your best possible level of physical function during and after heart failure treatment.