About the Program
NewYork-Presbyterian Queens offers both one-year and three-year residency training programs in Internal Medicine. Whether an individual's goal is subspecialty fellowship or primary care practice, our residencies provide a unique stepping stone to a successful career.
- 18 Categorical positions per year
- 6 Preliminary Positions
Applications for the Medical Residency Program are accepted only through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service).
For additional information on ERAS, access their website www.aamc.org/eras
Candidates are evaluated based on their academic performance, letters of recommendation, other experiences, and personal interview by the Program Director and other faculty. Selection is conducted via the National Residency Matching Program.
Although all applications are reviewed for individual merit, the following criteria are generally necessary as a minimum for consideration for an interview:
- You must apply through ERAS by November 15th
- We require a passing score on step 2, first attempt. For Osteopathic applicants a score of 475 and above on COMLEX Level 1 and COMLEX Level 2 CE 1st attempt.
- 3 LORs (one must be from Internal Medicine faculty)
For International Medical Graduates
- One year of clinical experience in the US is preferred
- Recent medical graduates within the past 3 years are preferred
- Applicants must have passed USMLE Steps 1, 2CK & CS prior to the Match.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residence is strongly preferred
- The program will not sponsor H-1B Visas
View the 2022-2023 Contract
Our NRMP Program Code #: Preliminary: 1822140P0 Categorical NRMP Code #: 1822140C0