Salary & Benefits
Flexible Benefits Program
At NewYork-Presbyterian (NYP), we offer a competitive benefit package to our graduate staff employees. The core program includes Medical with Rx and Vision care, Dental, Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage and Supplemental Life Insurance products. Additionally, there are comprehensive Financial Planning and Group Legal plans. Listed below are some of the benefits afforded to our graduate staff.
- Regular full-time graduate staff
- Legal spouse/domestic partner, and
- Unmarried dependent children
Effective Date: Benefits are retroactively effective to your first day of employment.
You have the choice of two medical plans provided through Aetna: EPO (in-network only) or POS (in- and out-of-network services). With both plans, you automatically receive vision coverage through Aetna Vision Preferred and prescription drug coverage through CVS Caremark. For more information, please visit nyp.aetna.org.
We offer a choice of three (3) dental plans: Aetna DMO Dental, Aetna PPO, and the Columbia Dental Plan.
Life Insurance Plans
- Group Life Insurance: 100% Hospital-paid in the amount of $100,000.
- Supplemental Life Insurance: As a complement to the 100% Hospital-paid Life Insurance policy, you can purchase additional coverage.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance: This coverage provides you with benefits if the injury results in your accidental death or dismemberment.
- Spouse Life Insurance: This plan provides you with the ability to insure your legally married spouse.
- Child Life Insurance: This plan provides you with the ability to insure your unmarried dependent child(ren) until the year he/she attains age 19, or until the end of the year he/she attains age 23 if enrolled as a full-time student.
- Universal Life: Provides permanent coverage to last beyond your working years. Option to purchase policies for your spouse and/or children without covering yourself.
You are automatically eligible for state mandated Short-Term Disability benefits through New York State.
Long-Term Disability (LTD)
This benefit is provided at no cost to house staff employees.
Flexible Spending Accounts
This benefit allows you to reduce your taxable income and provides reimbursement for eligible expenses for Health Care, Dependent Care, Adoption Assistance, Mass Transit and Commuter Parking.
Ayco Financial Planning
The Ayco Company provides financial education and counseling services. Services include objective advice on tax saving strategies, estate planning, education funding, risk protection, cash flow management, and more.
Hyatt Legal Plan
In addition to services such as family law, immigration law and real estate matters, the Hyatt Legal Plan can assist you with concerns such as debt collection defense, estate planning and traffic and criminal matters.
TSA 403(b) Retirement Plan
The NYP TSA 403(b) plan gives the option to contribute up to the IRS pre-tax limits.
ASPCA Pet Insurance
NYP employees receive a 5% discount on the base premium. If you have more than one pet, you are eligible for a 10% discount on the premium.
The Hospital expects to continue these Plans indefinitely, but reserves the right to modify or discontinue any of them at any time. Such modifications or terminations shall be adopted by the Office of the Executive of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital at either a regular meeting or special meeting called for such purpose.